The Peak Waves ~ A USA Swim Club
The Peak Waves Swim Team is owned and run by the Peak Health & Wellness Center. Amy Mullen is the Head Coach and consultant for our coaches, parents, and swimmers. Our entire staff assist with the planning, directing, overseeing, and evaluating the workouts and all the activities of swimmers from practices to swim meets.
Visit The Peak Waves Website
The Peak’s Aquatic Program promotes physical activity through swimming for members and non-members of all ages, contributing to healthy bodies, alert minds, a desirable character, and an overall better quality of life.
The Peak Waves Swim Team is tailored to fit the personal development needs of all ages and skill levels. Our goal is to create swimming excellence for ages. We will help to develop junior and senior level athletes, with the hope that they will make swimming a lifetime sport. For the swimmer who aspires to national competition, the level of commitment by the coaching and Peak staff members will support, recognize, and encourage the achievement of such a goal.
- Develop swimming techniques with goals, which are balanced and realistic.
- Teach and develop life skills.
- Recognize each individual and value his/her role in the success of our team.
- Develop a base level of aerobic fitness, conditioning, and a strong work ethic.
- Promote a positive mental attitude, mutual respect, and good sportsmanship.
- Provide a continuous competitive environment of participants to explore their potential.
- Provide opportunities to grow and succeed to the highest level, including the Olympic dream.
- Maintain an enjoyable and productive swimming environment while being a part of a GREAT team.
Mini Waves are the developmental aspect of our Waves Swim Team. The Mini Waves program is designed for ages 4-9 years old with no prior swim team experience. The Mini Waves allow potential up and coming swim team members a chance to get acquainted with the challenges of competitive swimming, while working on stroke technique, endurance, drills, and skills for personal improvement.
The Mini Waves are encouraged to compete in the monthly Peak Swim Meets. The meets are held the last week of each month in the evenings and there is a very small charge for each swimmer.
Mini Waves must be able to swim the length of our Peak Rec Pool and have the basic skills of swimming the freestyle and backstroke.